Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Day 10: Good Reads

Every year we get out a few trusty old favorites from a big green box I keep holiday books in, and every year we add a few new ones to our collection. I prop them up on the top of our book shelves in the school room and long to keep them there, making the room look so cute and Pinterest-worthy.

They stay there about 2.5 minutes, and then they are scattered throughout the house for the next 45 days until I gather them together and put them back in the green box for another year. Today I found one under the couch cushions, one at the foot of Max's bed, two in the kitchen, one under the microphone on the stage in the basement (don't ask), and one in the boys' bathroom (I don't even want to know). Oh well. Pinterest aside, I suppose I should be glad. Books are meant to be read and cherished and carried around.

Here are some of our favorites this year, in no particular order:

A Little House Christmas by Laura Ingalls Wilder
Jacob's Gift by Max Lucado
Emmet Otter's Jug Band Christmas by Russell Hoban
The Night Before Christmas Book and Audio CD by Clement Moore and Peter, Paul & Mary
Home for Christmas by Jan Brett
The Magical Christmas Horse by Mary Higgins Clark
The Nutcracker by Susan Jeffers
Room for a Little One by Martin Waddell


Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment