Saturday, December 8, 2012

Day 7: The Nutcracker


24Days of Joy!

A Countdown to Christmas

Yesterday, my friends and I took our little girls to Pittsburgh Ballet Theater's performance of The Nutcracker. It was so, so much fun. Going to the ballet every Christmas in December has become a special tradition for Chloe and I; I've taken her every year since she was about three. This year we did something different, and attended with our friends on the PBT's "student day," which is their dress rehearsal that they give for students on the day of Opening Night. The tickets were about 90% cheaper than they normally are, and the seats were incredible! 

I know I'm biased, but could these five young ladies be any more darling?


Going downtown to the Benedum Center is such a treat. Getting all dressed up and going to the "big city" at Christmas is something I always hoped I would do with my daughter. During intermission, each one of them discussed which ballerina they would be if dreams came true. Chloe always picks "the blue one."


I took these pictures with my iphone so unfortunately, they're a little blurry. The girls all sat together at one end of the row, and the moms were at the other end. It was fun to look down in the dark throughout the performance and see five little wide-eyed faces, entranced.


Afterward we went to lunch together. It was a wonderful day spent with friends, and the start of what I hope will be a yearly tradition!

No comments:

Post a Comment