Sunday, December 30, 2012

Day 18: Surprise PJ Milkshake Run!

24Days 
 of Joy!
 
This one was sooooo much fun. I knew it was coming, and I had a little countdown in my head as to how many days I had to wait until Day 18 was upon us. I'm horrible at keeping secrets, and almost told the kids a few times because I was so excited. It wasn't really that big of a deal, but I knew the kids would be so excited and I couldn't wait to see the looks in their faces. On Day 18, it was business as usual around the Smith home. We had dinner together, cleaned up the kitchen and playroom, had showers and baths, put on pajamas, brushed teeth, did our Advent reading together as a family, and tucked the kids into bed. We sang lullabies, did prayers, and turned out the lights. Then we went into the hall, waited a full minute, switched the lights back on, bounded into their rooms, and told them to get in the car- PJs and all. We were going out for milkshakes!
 
Our ever-practical first-born:

Our ever-enthusiastic third-born:
 
 
Poor Chilly was a little confused. Lucky for us, he rolls with it.
 


 
 We slurped chocolate milkshakes. We sang Christmas carols - corny, but true.
 

We kept the kids up too late and didn't care. We've got a new tradition.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment