Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Day 10: Christmas Carol Dance Party

24Days of Joy!


A Countdown to Christmas
 
So, this was a fun one. So much fun, in fact, that I debuted it yesterday and we repeated it today by demand of three blue-eyed children.

It was pretty simple - no planning required.

After lunch I plugged my iphone, which had been stealthily programmed earlier in the day with a fantastic new playlist of my Christmas faves, into a little portable player.

 I told the kids as they were toting their dirty dishes to the sink that we were going to get down to some awesome Christmas tunes. I offered up instruments from the playroom closet, but they were having too much fun doing their own little happy dances to waste energy on flutophones and tin tambourines. Charlie loves to dance, and the kid has moves like Jagger. Sadly, he was the only one I got a decent action shot of . (He was wearing Chloe's red wool beret at the time... What can I say? He's one rad dude.) The other three were moving too fast to be caught on film, and I wisely set the camera down and soaked in the joy instead.

Here's a bit of our Christmas playlist. Cheers!

SMITH FAMILY CHRISTMAS PLAYLIST 2012
Three Ships - Sting
Tennessee Christmas - Amy Grant
Light of the Stable - Selah
Born in Bethlehem - Third Day
Oh Holy Night - Tracy Chapman
Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer - Elmo & Patsy
Christmas - Barenaked Ladies
Christmas Like a Child - Third Day
Jingle Bell Rock - Billy Idol
Welcome to our World - Chris Rice
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment