Monday, July 2, 2012

My Life in Two Minutes and Six Seconds

All I wanted to do was get a quick video of Charlie eating his cookie.

He is so stinking cute when he eats sweets these days. He's at that perfect, post-first-birthday-cake-eating phase in which he has discovered that there is a definitive difference between cookies and carrots, and when he gets a taste of the former, his joy is downright contagious. He claps and giggles with each little bite you share with him, and screeches in outrage when it's gone. There I was, crouching on the kitchen floor with a cookie in one hand and my iPhone in the other, trying desperately to catch one simple moment, and the usual craziness broke loose.

So for those dear readers who labor under the assumption that my house is always clean, my children are always well behaved, and, in the words of one friend who knows who she is, "angels fly around my classroom singing every morning," I give to you: "My Life in Two Minutes and Six Seconds," otherwise known as an average morning at the Smith home.




"With all of my running and all of my cunning
if I couldn't laugh I just would go insane."
Changes in Latitudes, Changes in Attitudes
Jimmy Buffett 

1 comment:

  1. love, love, love!! Although technically this was not in your classroom so my comment still stands! Miss you my dear friend! xo

    ReplyDelete