Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Mommy's a Hero

It's been a bit of a long day around here. It poured this morning and the whole backyard was soaked and soggy. Every time the sun came out and I urged the kids to get a life, it would either start raining again or cloud over, gloomy and gray. Charlie's got the sniffles and ditched one of his naps in protest. Then, to put a nice dollop of icing on the already-burned cake, Greg called at 6:15 to say the words every stay-at-home mom lives in fear of when she's waiting to hear the garage door go up: I'm. Running. Late.

I looked at the kids. They blinked back at me. The day was about to go you know where in a hand basket, and I was about to let it.

And then... I put the chicken back in the fridge. I said a silent farewell to my pre-beach diet. I got out the pancake mix and the griddle. I plopped a bottle of maple syrup in front of the kids.


Hey Sam, guess what's for dinner?

Did ya hear that, Max & Chlo?

And, just like that, Mommy became a hero.


When life gives you lemons... make pancakes.

"When we are caught up in the celebration of God, there is no room for negative living."
-Luci Swindoll

No comments:

Post a Comment