Thursday, July 5, 2012

Father's Day 2012

In the busyness of June, I completely forgot to post about Father's Day. The morning started out for our Daddy with breakfast in bed, a well-deserved treat for the man in my house who wakes up every morning seven days a week with our kiddos so I can have some "me" time. We began doing this several years ago when the twins came along and I bid a fond farewell to any time for myself throughout the day. It has blessed me so much to have the opportunity to wake up before the rest of our family does, and spend an uninterrupted hour or two however I choose... I work a bit, spend some time in Bible Study or prayer, sometimes get in a run early in the morning - whatever it is, it means the world to me to count on this time, and my day is always better for it. I am so grateful for his sacrifice.


All of Daddy's favorites... eggs & bacon on a bagel, greek yogurt with fresh berries, maple doughnut from the Giant Eagle bakery, orange juice, and three smiling kids (#4 was still snoozing in his crib).


We went to church and then spent the afternoon lounging around. Later, my parents, sis and bro-in-law, and the cousins came over for dinner. A few months ago I was jonesing for a Primanti's, the best sandwiches in the whole world that happen to be made right here in the Steel City. I didn't feel like going out for them, so I googled around a bit and came up with my own recipe for my Primanti's favorite, corned beef & swiss with slaw, fries, and hot sauce. Greg LOVED it, and when I asked before Father's day what he wanted for dinner, this was his request.



Yummers.





"Blessed indeed is the man who hears many gentle voices call him father!"

~ Lydia M. Child

No comments:

Post a Comment