Friday, September 21, 2012

Third Annual Back to Homeschool Party!




Our Third Annual Back-to-Homeschool Party was Tuesday, August 28th. It has gotten so big that we actually had to move it to a church this year! My friend Denise 's husband is the pastor of a local church, and she graciously allowed us to use their fellowship hall, pavilion, and playground. We had a gorgeous day - 80 degrees and sunny - and everyone had a wonderful time catching up. We ate delicious food, traded curriculum ideas, and shared heartfelt prayer requests.

I first came up with the idea for this gathering three years ago. Chloe was beginning kindergarten, and I wanted her to have the same exciting memories of the first day of school as the school kids did.

Here's a picture from our very first Back to Homeschool Party:
 


We have made so many wonderful friends in the two years since then! Look how much the kids have grown!

My kindergartener...


is a second grader.


 
My preschoolers...
 

are big, bad kindergarteners.
 
 
 
My twinkle in the eye
 
 
 
 
 is a walking, talking future homeschooler!
 
 
 
 And as for me, that terrified mother who was afraid she was about to make the biggest mistake of her life? I'm surrounded by an incredible community of women who support and encourage and inspire me every day. Friends who have my back, and remind me when I need them to that this hard choice I'm making is worth it.
 


 In a word? I'm grateful.
 
"Teach a child to choose the right path, and when he is older he will remain upon it."

Proverbs 22:6
 

1 comment:

  1. very nice! and i like the photo embellishments. :) ~liz

    ReplyDelete