Friday, September 14, 2012

First Day of School, Part 2




On our first official morning of school, we made our annual pilgrimage to Chubs Place for pancakes, greasy bacon, and the most delightfully fattening fried potatoes outside of Ireland.

Then Daddy went off to work and the kids and I returned home to embrace our new reality. They had not yet been in the classroom, and were very excited when they ran in and saw their new workspaces.

 
 
 
 
I'm actually really pleased with the way our desks are working out. It's fun and cozy to sit together and work. We each have our own drawer. The kids' are filled with folders for each subject containing their work for the day, and mine has my to do list, Bible study, and lesson plans.
 
 
Here's my exuberant kindergartener... yes, he loves to sit still, as you might imagine. Three times this week we may or may not have done history and reading on the trampoline. The joys of boys, my friends.
 
 
I love these peeps. Aren't they a fine lookin' bunch? So glad they're mine.
 
 
 
 
Two thumbs up for another great school year! Ready or not, it is upon us, and we will rejoice and be glad :-).
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment