Friday, December 12, 2014

Day 5: Fireside Read Aloud


24 Days of Joy!
This has become a favorite tradition in our home. I have a collection of Christmas books that I add to every year, and I keep them tucked away deep in our classroom closet. Each year when we put our Christmas decorations away, we put the books away too. A few days into December, I turn on the fire, surreptitiously pull all the books out, and call the kids. It never ceases to be a fun surprise. Some of the books were bought for the kids for their first Christmases, some were my Mom's from her teaching days before we were born, and some were gifts from last year. The ever-growing stack remains out during December, and hours and hours are spent pouring over the dog-eared pages of their Christmas favorites.










No comments:

Post a Comment