Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Beating the Heat

Baby, it's hot outside. Inside, the invasion of the painters continues. Big giant sigh. Don't get me wrong - I'm very grateful that I am not the one stripping wallpaper, but sharing every inch of our space with a bunch of strange men every day sure is getting old. After Charlie nearly took one of them out as he perched on the top of a ladder painting our two story foyer, I determined that what we needed to do was leave the premises. Stat.

We headed straight for one of the ROC's finest, Strong's Museum of Play. The kids checked their respective identities at the door and became

 actors...

musicians...

pilots...

farmers...



educated consumers...

apple pickers...

detectives...

princesses...

strategists...

damsels in distress...

and quilters.

We left with our imaginations full of new material, and headed home to jump in the pool.


I couldn't agree more.

No comments:

Post a Comment