Thursday, July 17, 2014

This is 39, People

Hugs and snuggles and coffee in bed. A surprise text from a sweet friend while I'm exercising - I just left you something on your porch swing...



A mid-day babysitter, requested by Greg. I'll be home at lunchtime, he said. Don't eat! Don't make plans!

A low-cal lunch in defiance of my ever-slowing metabolism.


Time to explore a new city neighborhood.


Triple chocolate Italian gelato.



After lunch, Greg announced he was taking me somewhere special. Hmmmmm, I thought. A long, leisurely walk along the Canal? A trip to a new bookstore he's found?

Nope.


This is why I love this man. A long time ago, a lifetime ago, I was a girl who loved Go-Karts. Four kids and fifteen years later, I am still that girl to him, which was the best gift I received today.


Chalk murals from my four favorite little people.



Presents chosen by each of the kids. Side note: Greg let each child pick out their own present for me, 
with no help and no suggestions. Charlie picked out three packets of M&Ms. Max picked out an IPad. I think if our house ever catches on fire and we only have time to grab one thing, we should put Max in charge.


A sweet birthday song sung by sweet little voices. A Wegman's chocolate cake, my favorite.


The chance to blow out candles, to give thanks for another whole year of health for myself, my husband, our parents, our brothers and sisters, our kids. Do I deserve this, any of this? Certainly not. Really, none of us do. But every bit of it is a blessing, not luck. And tonight, I have a heart full of gratitude.

1 comment: