Monday, June 3, 2013

A Visit from Some Besties

Sarah, one of my closest friends from the Burgh, came to visit us last week with her five kids in tow. A few days before she came she told me, "I just need to see your whole house and drive around your town, so I'll be able to have an accurate picture of what you're doing and where you are when we talk on the phone." It's something pretty special to be thought of in that way by a friend. God has knit our hearts together in such a special way. Her children are, of course, some of my kids' closest friends, so the 11 of us had a rolicking good time together.

On our way to the park one afternoon, the boys discovered a pond chock full of ribbiting frogs.


Suffice it to say, they never made it to the playground, and we nearly had to haul cowboy-boot-clad Jeremy out of the water as he prepared to wade in.





Just a typical play date with these pals: someone's on a motorcycle, someone's soaking wet, and someone's in a costume.



On the last night of our visit, my brave man offered to watch all nine kids so the two of us could check out the little village of Pittsford and have some girl time. We found a great place on the canal and sat outside, chatting for hours. We literally closed the place down. It was so much fun. Sarah is one of the closest, dearest, and most genuine friends I have ever had. I am so grateful for the gift of her friendship.


"Every time you cross my mind, I break out in exclamations of thanks to God. Each exclamation is a trigger to prayer, and I find myself praying for you with a glad heart."
Philippians 1:3-4

No comments:

Post a Comment