Sunday, May 13, 2012

It's Nice to be Appreciated

This was the scene I happened upon this morning when I wandered into the kitchen to make coffee:



Sweet, special presents, all thoughtfully chosen with me in mind.



Sam spent a half hour wrapping his "present" to me on Wednesday morning, and has asked me every morning since if it was Mother's Day yet so he could give it to me.




Yep, bugs. Pretty awesome, eh? When I asked why he had given me bugs, he said it was because he "heard I liked bugs." My favorite part of this gift is that it is probably one of his favorite things to play with right now, and he spent the last four perfectly good bug-playing days without his beloved creatures, all because he wanted to delight me with them on Mother's Day.




The instant route to my heart, with no detours: Mon Aimee chocolates  from the Strip here in the Burgh. The kids and I couldn't resist a few pre-breakfast bites.



After church, we're headed to my parents' house for a brunch my dear sweet dad has made all by himself to honor his girls.

Happy Mother's Day to all the loving, hard-working, selfless mothers out there! I hope your day is full of blessings.



Being a full-time mother is one of the highest salaried jobs in my field, since the payment is pure love.  ~Mildred B. Vermont

No comments:

Post a Comment