Saturday, August 6, 2011

The Joy of Cousins: One Boy's Story

Hi! I'm James. No, I'm not a three year old wearing a bib, I'm just a really big twelve month old. Sheesh, I'm getting really tired of explaining that to people. Anyway, where was I? Oh yes, my story. This particular story is about the day a few weeks ago that I went over to my cousins' house.


Mommy had to go to the dentist, so she dropped me off at Aunt Lala's. At first I was none too pleased. I like Mommy and only Mommy, quite frankly. She is the sun, moon, and stars to me, and if everyone else on the planet disappeared, I wouldn't even notice as long as Mommy was still here (no offense Daddy). Mommy took off with a jaunty "Bye Bye!" and I was fixing to get pretty darn upset, when out of the corner of my eye I spied something. It was him. That baby Charlie that everyone keeps telling me about. He's super tiny and doesn't do anything, but Mommy and Aunt Lala keep telling me that we're going to be best pals someday soon, so I decided I'd better investigate. He was sitting in this cool seat that bounced and made noise, so I used my super duper crawling skills to cruise on over and say a quick hello.


Hmmmmm. So what's so great about this kid? He doesn't do anything except kick. I can do all kinds of tricks, and all he does is kick. Wait a minute though, I think I've spied something... his feet are so little! Just look at them! They're a quarter, maybe even an eighth as thick as mine... intriguing!


I think I'll just reach over and give them a good hard yank.


Ha! That's fun! Hey Max, check this out, I can fit this kid's whole foot in my mouth...


Huh? What are you saying Aunt Lala?



Take a chill pill, Aunt Lala. I'm being really careful here.


See?




Now if my arms were just a tiny bit longer...

Huh? What's that you say? Mommy's back already?! Wow, time sure does fly when you're having fun with cousins. I can't wait to come back!


"Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, especially to those who belong to the family of believers."
Galations 6:10

No comments:

Post a Comment