Charlie, you are one month old - where has the time gone, sweet boy? We have settled into an easy, simple summer routine, and it seems that you have been part of our lives forever.
At one month old, you are:
- Our best sleeper out of the four! Hooray for a well-rested mama! You nurse around 9:00, then go down to sleep and don't wake until around 2:00 in the morning. Daddy goes to get you, changes you, and brings you to our bed, where you eat and then often bunk in, dozing peacefully between Mommy and Daddy until you wake again - this morning, not until 7:00! Believe me, co-sleeping was never part of the plan for us, but often you just are too cozy to move! I love drifting back to sleep staring at your little face in the quiet house.
- A total snuggler. Your favorite mode of transportation is the fantastic Moby wrap, because you are curled up close to Mommy wherever she goes. Forget the stroller and the carseat - you will have none of it! You prefer being close, and after three other babies, I finally realize that's how it should be! I've let go all of that "hold them too much and you'll spoil them" baloney, and I hold you as much as you want to be held, knowing all too well that in a few short months you'll be pushing your way out of my arms, eager to explore the world. I'm enjoying every moment of holding you close.
- Growing well! At your one month appointment you weighed 8 pounds, 10 ounces... you've gained almost two full pounds since you were born, and are starting to get deliciously chunky little cheeks.
- A decisive little guy. You know what you want - and it's nearly always to either eat, sleep, burp, or cuddle :-). You cry pretty rarely, and stop as soon as your needs are met.
- So very, very loved by your two big brothers and your big sister. Daddy and I have taken to calling you "the little prince" because that is how they treat you. You are blessed beyond measure to have these three fantastic kids to grow up with.
- And best of all... already smiling!! You're clearly gifted, since you're not supposed to smile until six weeks :-).
This is the verse we are praying for you this first year of your life, sweet Baby Charlie:
"And the child grew and became strong; he was filled with wisdom, and the grace of God was upon him." Luke 2:40