Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Land of the Free



We celebrated Memorial Day in Rochester this year.

 I am a sucker for this holiday - I love everything about it. The parades, the firemen in their dress blues, the veterans walking proudly down the streets of their hometowns.







I love the burgers and hot dogs, the watermelon, the picnics, the marching bands, the official start to summer. 

Though we missed our family and the Sewickley parade, we had a wonderful time with new friends and undertook new adventures.






This is a verse I have been loving lately: "So if you are suffering according to God's will, keep on doing what is right, and trust yourself to the God Who made you, for He will never fail you." (1 Peter 4:19)


I don't know why, but I thought a lot about that verse on Monday.

What a relief it is to rest in Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment