Tuesday, March 18, 2014

There's a Piano in the Kitchen and the Kids have the Flu, but It's Sure Nice Talking to You...

Anyone remember that old Harry Chapin song "Cats in the Cradle?"


 The piano in the kitchen part wasn't in the original lyrics - I added that :-).


Your eyes do not deceive you. That is indeed a piano in my kitchen. A little bit of reno is going on here in the Smith house!




It's a wee bit exciting and a whole lot annoying. It's dusty and disruptive and - holy smokes - it's loud. Those dirty old yellow floors are suddenly not nearly as offensive to me as they were before all this started. Alas, this will all be worth it in the end. Stay tuned for some spiffy "after" pics touting shiny new floors!

In other news, two of our littles were felled by the flu last week. Sigh. Poor little Chilly had it the worst. Hold me mama. I need you mama. Over and over for 36 hours. On a particularly busy day when I just really needed my hands, this is where he stayed for hours:


As it turns out, even the flu has its up side: I got my baby back for a few days. 

No comments:

Post a Comment