Thursday, November 21, 2013

A Sled Instead of a Dog

Yesterday Max and I had a pretty adorable conversation. My iPhone happened to be sitting on the counter in front of me, so I grabbed it and was able to capture the whole thing.

This boy... His innocence. His curiosity. His boundless sense of adventure. I hope I can always remember him as he is right now, this brand new seven year old so bright and enchanting.

Here's the video: Max's Christmas List

After our conversation, the letter went into an envelope:


And out the door:


And down the driveway:


And into the world:





And the boy went back to his books and drawings and dreams. He spent the afternoon designing a birdhouse on paper and building it out of Legos, as his mom put a chicken in the oven and wished she could stop time. 


No comments:

Post a Comment