Monday, September 2, 2013

It's Been a While...

Wow - that was a long, unintended break from the blog. You know, when I was packing up my life in Pittsburgh this past spring and envisioning the summer stretched out before me, I pictured lots of long, quiet days by the pool with the kids, reading books that had been gathering dust on my nightstand. With no friends and nowhere to go in this new town, there would be countless uninterrupted hours to think and ponder and be introspective.

Guess what?

That's not how it's turned out. This has been the busiest summer I can ever remember having. We've traveled almost more than we've been home. We've had lots of unexpected opportunities to spend time with new friends we've made. And trying to set up and organize a home with four fun-loving, energetic kids underfoot is no joke. I've taken to making early morning Target runs before Greg leaves for work because that's the only time I can squeeze them in.

Fall is upon us, and I'm looking forward to it. Routine. Steelers football (don't even think that loyalty will ever change - we have the NFL Gameday ticket this year in case our local station dares to broadcast the Bills instead of the Black and Gold). Being forced to say no because learning beckons. It will be good for me.

Our new school year kicks off this week, and there's so much I want to share. First, though, I'm going to document a few more sweet summer memories so the kids have a comprehensive record someday of the wild, crazy summer of 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment