Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Five Months Old!


Charlie, you are five months old and a little lovebug!


You want to stay awake all the time now... no napping all day long for you! I put you down in your crib and you look at me as if to say, "Mommy, you have got to be kidding me. There is no way I'm staying in here while you all are out there. Go ahead and pick me up please. I'm quite fine here in your arms, thank you very much." 


Your ears stick out quite a bit since your little head is so blond... we sometimes secretly call you Dumbo - don't be mad! I jokingly asked Dr. Butler if he thought we'd need to have them pinned, and he scolded me and told me to stop picking on you! It's all in good fun, because the truth is, we find you the most charming and handsome little guy in the whole wide world. We are all just smitten with you.



Yesterday at church a woman stopped me in the hall and told me you were the cutest baby she has ever seen - including her own! Her words, not mine :-). She had apparently been sitting behind us while you bobbed and giggled in my lap before you and I headed to the nursing moms room, and she said she was so disappointed when I took you out of the room - she wanted to keep smiling at you!


You have two little teeth on the bottom, and I'm pretty sure two more are coming in on top. It's a bit early for all these teeth, but what can I say? You're gifted.


You were a bear for Halloween, which you slept through by the way. I had to lead the neighborhood parade and I had you in the baby carrier. You fell sound asleep and never woke up, even as I put you in your bouncy seat, and the doorbell rang a zillion times, and giddy trick-or-treaters delightfully demanded their sweets. Daddy was out with Chloe, Sam, and Max, and you and I got to hang out together. I loved my little sleepy bear.


You are so much fun right now. Grammy came to visit this past weekend and said, "This is my favorite baby age" as she played with you and you beamed at her. It is so true - I wish I could bottle you right now. When I walk into your room and peer into your crib, you grin at me and kick as if we haven't seen one another in years! Last night I brought you into our bed sometime in the middle of the night - you've been waking up more lately because of those darn teeth. You fell back to sleep quite happily between Daddy and I, and when I woke up this morning your little face was about two inches from mine, your great big Smith eyes were wide open, and you were grinning at me. Seriously. I don't ever want to forget that moment. I love you dearly, sweet five month old boy.

"And the child grew and became strong; he was filled with wisdom, and the grace of God was upon him."  Luke 2:40

No comments:

Post a Comment