Wednesday, February 5, 2014

The Quiet World



Today, the snow is falling. I opened up the door to let the kids out and was surprised by the stillness of the world, that particular kind of quiet that falling snow brings. It's as if God Himself is whispering hush, hush.

Chloe is getting her dolls up to speed on their memory work. I'm so glad I have a nine year old who reminds me of a nine year old...


The twins have wandered to quiet corners of the house with books and blocks and the whole afternoon stretched out in front of them. 

My sneezy little toddler is snuggled in his crib, soundly sleeping, not a care in the world. 


Snow days bring boots dripping rivers of brown slush down your hallway, and mini mountains of coats and mismatched gloves, and quiet, which we don't have enough of in this world. 

Thankful on this February day for the quiet, another gift from God that I didn't know I needed, don't deserve, and gratefully receive with arms wide open.


"Aspire to live quietly, and to mind your own affairs, and to work with your hands, as we instructed you, so that you may walk properly before outsiders and be dependent on no one."
1 Thessalonians 4: 11-12

No comments:

Post a Comment