Sunday, August 4, 2013

The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly: A Three-Part Series

Here's the good: I'm healthy, and so grateful for that. Really, I'm not being trite. I am fully aware that at any moment, my health could be taken from me, and I try to live every day with at least the understanding that for today, I am one of the blessed ones as I chase after my kids and tuck them in at night, sure as the sun rises and sets that I'll be with them again tomorrow. Additionally, I think I have a fairly healthy attitude toward beauty and aging. I haven't worn a bikini since my honeymoon, and have absolutely no desire to ever put one on again. Frankly, I don't know what I was doing in one in the first place. I nursed four babies and have the bod to prove it, but I am not tempted in the least to drop five grand on plastic boobs (pardon the expression, but that's pretty much what they are). I don't mind a few wrinkles, and am way too practical to spend grocery money on expensive collagen treatments when a twelve dollar bottle of Oil of Olay seems to do the trick and lasts me nearly a year.
Check in tomorrow for the bad :-).
.

No comments:

Post a Comment