Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Look Before You Leap

Dear friends,

It has been a loooooong time since I last posted. Please forgive my absence! Life has been exciting and full in the last six weeks as we have prayerfully considered some decisions that will change the lives of the six big and small people living in our home.

The long and short of it is that Greg has accepted an exciting new job, and our family will be moving to Rochester, New York this Spring.

So much to be grateful for... so much still to chew on and ponder.

I have Christmas pictures to post, and New Years pictures to post, and so many things on my heart that I want to share on this blog.

Thanks for your patience and prayers as I get my act together.

I'll close with a quote I found on a greeting card about 15 years ago. I was in a little card shop in Shadyside, looking for a note to send a friend who was moving to California with her husband. She'd grown up here in Pittsburgh, most of her family was still here, and she was experiencing the mixed emotions that go along with big change. The front of the card had a picture of a little girl jumping over a stream, one arm stretched out in front of her, the other reaching behind her, and her hair flying in the wind. I've never forgotten the words below the picture. Words to live by, I thought.


Look Before You Leap.
Then Leap.


"When you pass through the waters,
    I will be with you;
and when you pass through the rivers,
    they will not sweep over you.
When you walk through the fire,
    you will not be burned;
    the flames will not set you ablaze."
Isaiah 43:2

No comments:

Post a Comment