Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Field Trip Fun!



 The kids and I spent a morning recently at The Children's Museum with my sister and James.


The place was nuts... we happened to pick a day that half the daycares and elementary schools in Pittsburgh also picked for their field trips, so we spent a lot of time elbowing our way around some wild groups of kids. We had a lot of fun, just the same. The kids did great and didn't seem to mind the crowds.



James is a very, very busy boy these days. The world is his oyster. I was laughing as I watched my sister chase him from one thing to the next, and then I looked down at the kicking, giggling boy strapped to my chest in the Baby Bjorn and realized that next year, I'm going to be doing the same thing. The joys of boys.

This was one of my favorite moments from the day: James was happily romping on the stage with his cousins when he glanced over at his mom and discovered that she was holding Charlie. Oh no she didn't! He immediately marched over to show her who's boss.


He will learn very soon that there's room for two in Mommy's heart.


I love the Children's Museum because they can touch and do just about everything in the place.







They can learn...




and try new things...
Get creative...



Travel to faraway places...
and just be kids.

"You will keep in perfect peace
   those whose minds are steadfast,
   because they trust in you."
Isaiah 26:3

No comments:

Post a Comment