Friday, February 17, 2012

Hero Night


A few weeks ago Chloe and Pop had a date night. Chloe is an American Heritage Girl, a scouting troop she has been involved in since kindergarten. AHG has been one of the coolest things Chloe and I have been able to do together; I get to be one of her leaders, which is great fun for me. Because it is a Christian scouting organization, we have the opportunity to shepherd these girls - ages 5-18 - in such a special and unique way. I have watched the leaders truly pour themselves into loving, teaching, and uplifting these girls.  I hope Chloe remains an American Heritage Girl until she graduates!

AHG sponsored a Hero Night at our church, in which each girl was asked to bring her male hero for an elegant evening of dinner (Chick Fil A, of course) and dancing (the Hokey Pokey, of course).

To our dismay, we realized as soon as we looked at the calendar that Greg was going to be gone that night. He is a children's leader with Bible Study Fellowship and once every three years they have a weekend retreat in Hershey; Hero Night was the same weekend. No problem! Chloe just so happens to have two heroes in her day-to-day life... her dad, and mine. She is such a blessed little girl.



She wore her "heels," (technically summer shoes, but she insisted and I relented), borrowed one of my headbands, and had her nails painted by mom to match her dress. Here she is a few minutes before her date arrived:




They had a fabulous time! I wish I could have been a fly on the wall.



"Children’s children are a crown to the aged,
   and parents are the pride of their children."
Proverbs 17:6 

No comments:

Post a Comment