Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Yours

Nine years ago today I put on a white dress and walked down a candle-lit aisle into a brand new life. We've had surprises and letdowns and joys and tribulations. We've encouraged one another, loved one another, fought with one another, forgiven one another. I think we both would say we love one another more now than we did nine years ago. This poem by Leo Marks was written in 1944 and when we found it, we felt that it described our feelings for one another better than our own words could. We had it printed on our wedding programs.



The life that I have
Is all that I have
And the life that I have
Is yours
The love that I have
Of the life that I have
Is yours and yours and yours
A sleep I shall have
A rest I shall have
Yet death will be but a pause
For the peace of my years
In the long green grass
Will be yours and yours
And yours

"This is my beloved, and this is my friend."
 (Song of Soloman 5:16)

1 comment:

  1. Love your blog - Your kids are adorable!! Congrats on nine years of marriage! :)

    ReplyDelete